Robotis - Dynamixel AX-12A
The AX-12A is a Serially Controlled servo that provides some 50 commands and feedback parameters to allow complete control over your robot application.
The Serial protocol is daisy chained, meaning several servos can be connected to each other in a chain and offer several compliance and sensing parameters that can be configured and read including position, velocity and temperature.
The AX-12A is a new version of the popular AX-12+ with the same performance but more advanced external design and improved gear durability. It is 100% compatible with AX-12+ at 1:1 scale, and retains the same control method and protocol.
In addition to the AX-12A, Robotis offers the AX-18A servo with Higher Torque and Speed. The AX-18A servo is physically similar to the AX-12A (same exterior size and shape) and has the same communication interface and protocol. This means both Servo models can be mixed and matched to meet the specific demands of Robotic applications.
AX-12/AX-18A Comparison Charts
- Weight : 54.6g
- Dimension : 32mm x 50.1mm x 40mm
- Minimum Control Angle : 0.29° X 1,024
- Gear Ratio : 254 :1
- Holding Torque : 15kgf.cm (at 12V, 1.5A)
- No Load Speed : 59 RPM 12V
- Motor : Cored Motor
- Operating Mode :
- Actuator Mode (0° ~ 300°)
- Wheel Mode (Endless Turn)
- Operating Temperature : -5C ~ +70C
- Operating Voltage : 9V~12V (Recommended Voltage 11.1V)
- Maximum Currents : 900mA
- Standby Currents : 50mA
- Command Signal : Digital Packet
- Protocol Type : Half duplex Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit, 1stop, No Parity)
- Link (Physical) : TTL Level Multi Drop (Daisy Chain Type Connector)
- ID : 254 ID (0~253)
- Communication Speed : 7843bps ~ 1 Mbps
- Feedback : Position, Temperature, Load, Input Voltage, etc
- Material : Engineering Plastic
- Position Sensor : Potential meter
- AX-12A: 1 set
- B01-HORN: 1 set (pre-equipped)
- FP04-F2: 1 set
- FP04-F3: 1 set
- BPF-WA/BU Set: 1 set
- 3P Cable 200: 1 set
- Bolt PHS M2*6: 16 set
- Bolt BHS M3*10: 1 set
- N1 Nut M2: 16 set
- ID: 1
- Baud rate: 1 Mbps
- Serial Interface Half Duplex TTL interface
- * Please change the setting of ID and baud rate depending on your operating environment.