The 915MHz version only. May be tried with 868MHz, but with, potentially, significantly reduced radio range. No support for 433MHz and not expected in this housing.
The DSP Beacon can be used in both the Non-Inverse Architecture (NIA) and in the Inverse Archicture (IA):
Marvelmind Indoor Navigation System is an off-the-shelf indoor navigation system designed to provide precise (±2cm) location data to autonomous robots, vehicles (AGV), drones and forklifts. It can also be used to track other objects that the mobile beacon is installed upon, for example, virtual reality (VR) systems, helmets for construction workers or miners, jackets, etc.
The navigation system is based on stationary ultrasonic beacons that are united by radio interface in a license-free band (915MHz). The location of the mobile beacon is calculated based on the propagation delay of an ultrasonic signal (Time-Of-Flight or TOF) to a set of stationary ultrasonic beacons using trilateration.
Key requirements for the system to function properly:
- For 3D (X, Y, Z) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to three or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- For 2D (X, Y) tracking – An unobstructed line of hearing/sight by a mobile beacon to two or more stationary beacons simultaneously
- Distance to the nearest 2 or 3 beacons – not more than 30 meters (recommended). In ideal conditions – up to 50 meters
The DSP beacon HW 5.xx differs from regular Beacon HW v4.9 in several ways:
- It is an RX-only beacon, i.e. it can receive, but it cannot transmit ultrasonic signal
- The fact that it is RX-only makes it far more sensitive, i.e. you will get a longer range between Beacon HW v4.9 and DSP v5.xx than between Beacon HW v4.9 and Beacon HW v4.9
- DSP beacon can receive any ultrasonic frequency from the bands: 19kHz, 25kHz, 31kHz, 37kHz, 45kHz, 56kHz. The filter can be simply selected in the Dashboard. At the same time, the working ultrasonic frequency of Beacon HW v4.9 is HW-defined by ultrasonic sensors and can’t be changed
- DSP beacon can receive several ultrasonic frequencies at once. That is used in Inverse Architecture. See the comparison
- The DSP Beacon is signficantly smaller, than Beacon HW v4.9
- The DSP Beacon can work with regular Beacons HW v4.9 in any combination as a part of a Starter Set or as a part of navigation systems and it is a superior RX-only replacement to HW v4.9. At the same time, since it is RX-only beacon, the Beacons HW v4.9 are here to stay as universal dual-use beacons