Arducam for Raspberry Pi Camera, 8MP IMX219 Auto Focus
Newest IMX219 8MP Camera Module for Raspberry Pi
The official camera is an autofocus camera module with a motorized lens. It is also equipped with a high-definition IMX219 8MP sensor for shooting HD video and still images. And the camera module is designed for you to control the focus on a camera for Raspberry Pi via software, so you can see closer and see where you want to see.
For beginners, this is a very easy camera module to get started; for advanced players, this camera module has more knowledge that you should explore and DIY.
- Raspberry Pi Camera: Designed for Raspberry Pi, this 8MP HD camera module has a Sony IMX219 8MP pixel sensor with an autofocus lens. Focal Length: 2.8 mm; Angle of View: 77.6 degrees (diagonal).
- AutoFocus Lens: Software-controllable motorized focus lenses with manual and autofocus Python scripts supported by OpenCV, allowing remote control of focus without lens adjustment tools. With a simple script configuration, you can use Up/Down on the keyboard for precise manual focus control.
- Wide Compatibility: The camera is not only compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, and 4, but also with Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero 2W, which can be easily used with a simple configuration.
- 8MP More than HD: Supports 3280 × 2464 pixel still images, as well as 1080p30, 720p60, and VGA90 video modes, and still captures.
- Please note: This camera module is only supported with the latest Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye (released on January 18, 2022) and libcamera, not with the previous Raspberry Pi OS (Legacy).
- Application: Easy to use for beginners, and it also offers more to explore for advanced gamers. Perfect for time-lapse, slow motion, home security applications, monitoring Octoprint 3D Printer, and wildlife camera trap applications.