High Performance Ultrasonic Precision Rangefinder
Features of the weather resistant MB7070, XL-MaxSonar-WRA, include centimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 20cm to 765cm for the nearest detectable target, a 10Hz read rate, and various output options: analog envelope, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7070 from the XL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7070 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4″ National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our most popular outdoor, weather resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Analog envelope output for easy troubleshooting and signal processing
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.
Documents and Downloads
|Sensor Selection Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
|High Resolution Pictures.zip|
All part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. Please review the following table for more information on the three-digit product code.
|1||3/4″ NPS WR|
|2||3/4″ NPS WRC|
|4||Ultra Compact Flush Mount|
|0||No Options (Bagged)|
|3||F-Option and P-Option|
|4||No Options (Trayed)|
|0||No Wire Attach|
The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.