High Performance Ultrasonic Precision Rangefinder
Features of the weather resistant MB7363, HRXL-MaxSonar-WRLS, include millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 9999mm for the nearest detectable target, heightened sensitivity over our standard sensors, a 6Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7363 from the HRXL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7363 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- 6Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm typically range as 50cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 2.9mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- RS232 Serial Output
- Great for long-range people detection
- Maximum range of 10 meters (394 inches)
Volume Pricing (100 or more units): Contact MaxBotix Inc.
Documents and Downloads
|Sensor Selection Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
|High Resolution Pictures.zip|
Product 3D Models
Full Horn Housing
|Key Shot||IGES File||ACIS 7.0 File||Solid Works Part|
|STL File||STEP File||ParaSolid Part|
All part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. Please review the following table for more information on the three-digit product code.
|1||3/4″ NPS WR|
|2||3/4″ NPS WRC|
|4||Ultra Compact Flush Mount|
|0||No Options (Bagged)|
|3||F-Option and P-Option|
|4||No Options (Trayed)|
|0||No Wire Attach|
The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.