The MB1242 I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ4 sensor has centimeter resolution and highest noise tolerance and narrowest beam width of any sensor in the I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ sensor line, and provides short to long distance detection and range information from 20cm to 765cm. Its read rate is up to 40Hz and the sensor offers industrial ultrasonic sensors with an easy use to use I2C interface.
The MB1242 is a great choice for applications where only larger objects need to be detected.
The MB1242 from the I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1242 offers virtually noise free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real-time background automatic calibration, real-time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- Up to 40Hz reading rate
- Simple I2C bus interface
- Easy control of multiple sensors
- Control up to 127 sensors using two wires
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Virtually no dead zone, objects closer than 20 cm range as 20 cm
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 4.4mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from 0C to +65C (32F to +149F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- High noise resistance
- I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ4 (MB1242) x1