The PAN is an Open Source OpenWrt appliance designed for IoT application over long distance WiFi connection.
PAN has two RJ45 ports, a WiFi 802.11 b/g/n interface to provide flexible network connection via LAN cable/ wifi.
PAN is fully open source, user can modify the inside Linux system or compile a firmware for their customized applications.
The goal for PAN is to fulfill IoT requirement on dedicate application or installations where required long distance transmission. Applications for PAN include remote control of robots, data logging, web applications for data presentation, mesh networking over WiFi and many more.
OpenWrt is a reliable Linux distribution for embedded system. It is open source, under well developed and maintained. OpenWrt used package system, lots of powerful utility, software are maintained as packages form. Users can easily install, remove these packages to make a deep customized system.
- Open Hardware Design
Developers have the possibility to improve or do innovation on the hardware and release a new /unique product base on requirement.
- Low Power Consumption
Around 1 watt power consumption in working mode.
- Stable, Flexible WiFi Design
Can be configured in different WiFi mode for various applications.
AP mode: as what a normal WiFi routers does, so other WiFi client can connect to MS14 and share its internet connection.
Client mode: as what a normal PC does to connect to your existent WiFi router for internet connection.
Ad-Hoc for mesh network.
- Modular Design
The most complicate and difficulty parts are built as mother board. Developers focus on the MCU daughter board design only. This helps to reduce the development time, cost, risk, difficulty to release a new product to test/seize the market.
- Production Enclosure
PAN has a Professional/Industrial enclosure which can be used directly for the market.
- Managed by Web GUI, SSH or Serial
Built-in Web server provides convenient to use/configure/upgrade/monitor or have full control by SSH/Serial.
- Various firmware upgrade methods
Firmware can be upgraded via serial port, SSH access, GUI interface for easy maintaining.
- Safe Mode
Robust software/hardware interface to reduce after-sale support cost.
- Remote upgrade AVR daughter aboard
Daughter board can be upgraded remotely to reduce the maintaining cost and provide central management/ deployment.
- Compatible with Arduino Yun software
Reuse all the source from Arduino Yun to speed up development.
- Processor: 400MHz, 24K MIPS
- 64MB RAM
- 16MB Flash
- DC Input: 9 ~ 12v or 5V
- 1 x USB port , 1 x USB Interface
- 2 x RJ45 ports
- 1 x Micro SD card slot
- WiFi Spec:
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Frenquency Band: 2.4 ~ 2.462GHz
- Omni Antenna or Directional Antenna
- Package Include:
- PAN IoT appliance x 1
- PoE / Phone Injector x 1
- Power Adapter , 12v ,500ma x 1
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Device Size: 23.5 x 8 x 6 cm
- Device Weight: 263g
- Package Size / pcs : 25 x 8.2 x 8 cm
- Weight / pcs : 437g
- 21 pcs Carton Dimension: 45 x 31 x 34 cm
- Weight / carton : 12.5 kg
- PAN-Model N: Equipped with Omni antenna. Radio available in all direction. Range: 200~300 meters in Open Area
- PAN-Model D: Equipped with Directional antenna. Radio available in specify direction so to have longer range. Range: ~1km in Open Area.